Cashew Pistachio Butter22 Aug 2019, Posted by Chris' Corner in
Nut butters are readily available at the grocery store but can simply be made at home or in a restaurant’s kitchen. This is one of the easiest things to make while also being fun to customize. Next time you are walking down the condiment aisle at the grocery store, just stop and look at the selections of nut butters available along with their high price. Peanut butter is by far the most readily available of the nut butters while also being the most economically friendly choice. Some of the available butter you may see include:
- Almond Butter*
- Cashew Butter*
- Chickpea Butter (Hummus)*
- Hazelnut Butter (Nutella)
- Macadamia Nut Butter*
- Pecan Butter*
- Pistachio Butter*
- Pumpkin Seed Butter*
- Sunflower Seed Butter*
- Walnut Butter*
Cashew Pistachio ButterYields – 1 pt. Prep Time – 5 min Blend Time – 5 min Ingredients:
- 1 ½ cup Lightly Salted Cashews
- 1 cup Salted Pistachios (shelled)
- 1 Tbsp. Avocado Oil (or any neutral flavored oil)
- 1 Tbsp. Honey
- Put all the ingredients into a blender and pulse blend.
- Agitate ingredients with spatula as needed to move pieces to the bottom.
- Continue to blend until smooth.
- Store in an airtight container in a cool and dry place for up to three weeks.